On Thu, 2014-10-30 at 20:00 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
My suggestions :
   + fix bug fdo#85215 : done
   + change the default value of option UpdateReferenceOnSort from true
     to false for backward compatibility

        So - we punted this default decision to the UX team.

Main bug reports related to this problem:

        My concern is that I don't have time to waste with interminable ranting
bug comments by all & sundry ;-) or lists of duplicates, or "change
default to this / that" - all of that is in-hand, and it is a ~one-liner
to change the default now [ and perhaps a single unit test change ].

        The only open question is: given what is in master today - are there
-well-defined- clearly specified cases that continue not to work [ with
the default set to the user's preferred state ]. Are there clear
comparisons vs. what competing products do in exactly those corner cases
too ?

        Can we get a tracker for exactly these outstanding issues and no
others ? can each of those issues be a succinct, crisp, clear statement
of a real issue with the current state of master; and nothing else =) or
(more ideally) we can confirm that there are no outstanding issues
[ modulo the non-interesting ones I outline above ].

        Thanks !

                Michael.

--
 michael.meeks@collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot