On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 10:04:45AM +0200, David Ostrovsky wrote:
I asked this question on IRC yesterday, but didn't get an answer, so
re-asking it here.

Am i right in my assumption that idesupport package is dead and can be
removed?

The reason i am asking is while reviewing this Gerrit change [1] i was
wondering that the base version was already broken, at least since this
commit [2], 1.5 years ago but wasn't noticed because it was never
migrated to gbuild or was already dead in dmake era.

If I read the original build.xml correctly, this was never part of a
regular build, but had to be built explicitly. I wonder if it actually
worked even before gbuildification. And how many people knew about it...
Since nobody has protested about it during the past 3 years, I think we
can safely assume it is dead.

Btw, it is the whole scripting/java/org dir that is dead, not just the
idesupport subdir of it.

D.