Hi Stephan,

On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 09:37:53AM +0200, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman@redhat.com> wrote:
However it can be implemented in gerrit, I very strongly favor a
mechanism where committing for verification is a single command line
step (that doesn't "cheat" by involving an obligatory client-side
script to make it a single command invocation).

See what David mentioned, that sounds like exactly what you mention
here. E.g. if we agree that +2'ing your own change means "please verify
this, then auto-merge", then with David's change (in the long run, since
that's Gerrit 2.9, and we run 2.8) you can do the "push and mark as +2"
in a single command-line step.

For 2) and 3), I guess that's not really a problem, once we agree on how
to mark these "just to be verified" changes, then a simple script can
trigger buildbot verification for the "to be verified" changes, and at
the same time can merge he verified ones (let's say the script would
listen to the gerrit change stream, or so).

Sorry, I don't get what "that" is in "I guess that's not really a problem."

I meant that e.g. it's possible to have a script running in a loop or
from cron on e.g. the gerrit server that automatically picks up
to-be-verified changes and auto-merges to-be-verified-and-now-verified
changes as well. I wanted to give a scope to this thread, by explicitly
stating that the unclear point to me at the moment is how to mark a
change as "I'm happy with this change, just verify it, and if it passes,
please merge it".

Bjoern and David already outlined two possible ways, let's see what will
be the outcome. :-)

Regards,

Miklos