On Mon, 2014-09-29 at 20:15 +0200, Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote:
Someone from the help team approached the design team [1] about how to
handle string changes in LibreOffice.
The problem is that when we change user-visible strings in LibreOffice,
that the help and other documentation needs updating.

We decided to create a wiki page which lists all string changes we do:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/RecentStringChanges

So please, if you change some user-visible string whether it's in a
menu, toolbar or a dialog, just list your change there so that the help
maintainers can easily update the help pages.

Don't think that'll scale well. Some sort of automation is called for
there, not sure how of course, but we have stuff to suck out all the
translatable strings so someone(tm) should be able to come up with a
scheme to diff them e.g. once a week against the previous state.

C.