Hi all,

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:59:42AM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
Please refrain from such cosmetic changes in the future.  IIRC, the
unoidl module (being mostly written by a single person, me)
more-or-less consistently used a single formatting style until now.
I see no good reason to change that to another formatting style.

Before this explodes into a bikeshed, I tentatively agree with Stephan here,
despite me writing:

 https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer/Code_Conventions

back in the days. Note that document wasnt build on what I assumed to be the
"right style"(*), but the most commonly used style in an attempt to bring more
consistency to the code base.

I dont think drive-by reformatting to be a good way to solve this though: If we
want consistency (which is the ~only benefit of a 'cosmetic' code style), the
way to go would be to define a style for uncrustifyi(**) and then use that to make
~all the codebase use that (after painting a lot of bikesheds).

Best,

Bjoern

(*)  Given free choice, I would go for 1TBS ...
     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indent_style#Variant:_1TBS
(**) http://uncrustify.sourceforge.net/