This week I refactored IDocumentFieldsAccess and IDocumentLineNumberAccess. To have something more in here for a change, a few weeks ago I started using Clang instead of gcc and I like it much better. I remember the time where I got an error message longer than my terminal's scroll buffer because I forgot a closing "}" with gcc ;) . The only thing bugging me is that the extern-and-not-defined plugin is not really werror compatible because it seems to warn in a lot of places. To disable it I moved into a "disabled" folder and told git to ignore it so I dont commit that changed, but it seems to reappear everytime I pull.

Also when I started refactoring it was very tedious to move all the methods call of from SwDoc::method to SwDoc::getInterface::method . I removed them from doc.hxx and fixed all wrong calls as they popped up as errors while compiling which is very slow. After some googling I found a good way to do this faster while still looking at every line I change: grep "FROM" -rl --include="*.cxx" sw/ | parallel -j1 --tty vim -c '"%s/FROM/TO/gc"' -c '"wq"' {} This uses gnu parallel and launches vim for every occurences which shows me the surrounding code and asks for confirmation for every replace.

Valentin