On 2014-05-25 18:05, Matteo Campanelli wrote:
during last week I studied how to make arbitrary portions of text  have a (possibly transparent)
background color.
So far I have been able  to render a monochromatic non-transparent background behind text (see
attachment).

Hi

Nice work!

I'm not sure how LO's current glyph bitmap caching works, but you might run into some visual
artifacts with anti-aliasing.

Some programs cache the rendering of glyphs, especially when doing anti-aliasing, because it is quite expensive to do the computation.

However, this can lead to some odd pixel effects when you change the background color, because doing anti-aliasing properly is dependent on both the color of the glyph and the color of the background.

Hopefully LO doesn't have this problem, but just in case, I thought you should know.

Regards, Noel Grandin