On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 01:08:06PM +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
On 07/05/14 14:17, David Tardon wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 10:41:59AM +0200, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi David, *,

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM, David Tardon <dtardon@redhat.com> wrote:
If we really want to
continue to use this script for signing, IMHO it should be done as a
separate step after build.

Which in effect it is. After slowcheck it is more or less separate.

Except that it isn't. There are still tasks that are not needed by unit
tests, so they could end up running in parallel with the signing. I have
already mentioned gallery creation, but there is generation of help, UI
file translations and possibly others. All of these use internal tools,
therefore they use some internal libraries.

The only way to ensure there will be no problems in this area is to move
the signing to instsetoo_native and let the target depend on
$(call gb_Postprocess_get_target,AllModulesButInstsetNative)
Which puts it outside of the "normal" build anyway.

why don't we do the signing in the same rule that links the library?
that would avoid all potential dependency problems. (and gbuild does
something similar with "sn.exe" for CLI "libraries" already)

That was the topic of fdo#63315 =) Apparently I chose a poor summary for
it...

D.