Hi *,

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 12:32 AM, julien2412 <serval2412@yahoo.fr> wrote:
Hello,

The use of cppcheck-htmlreport to convert raw cppcheck reports errors to
html fails for some files because of the encodings.
[...]
Here's the list of files which give this problem:
./hwpfilter/source/hcode.cxx
[...]
./hwpfilter/source/hinfo.cxx

I gave a try to ./hwpfilter/source/hinfo.cxx
Initial view on vi (Debian testing x86-64, French)

vim just tries the ones in fileencodings when trying to guess a
charset, on my system it is fileencodings=ucs-bom,utf-8,default,latin1
- where latin1 basically is catch-all (works to load anytime, but of
course won't do any good with the file's content :-))

So you'll see the result when opened as latin1 (unless you have other
charsets in front of it)

     56 /**
     57  * ¹®¼­Á¤º¸¸¦ ÀоîµéÀÌ´Â ÇÔ¼ö ( 128 bytes )
[...]
since README from hwpfilter indicates "Hangul Word Processor" and "Korea", I
gave a try with "iconv -f EUC-KR -t utf8 hwpfilter/source/hinfo.cxx >
stdout.txt", I retrieved this:
      56 /**
     57  * 문서정보를 읽어들이는 함수 ( 128 bytes )
     58  * 문서정보는 파일인식정보( 30 bytes ) 다음에 위치한 정보이다.
     59  */
     60 bool HWPInfo::Read(HWPFile & hwpf)

I gave a try to Google translate which detected the language as Korean
(hopefully! :-)) and translated this:
"Function to read the document information"
which seems ok according to the name of the function.
Remark : I don't know what means "( 128 bytes )" or "( 30 bytes)", is it a
pb in conversion?

Nah, that probably just is the length of the datablock that contains
the mentioned info.

Anyway, would this conversion be ok on these files or might we lose some
information?

You won't loose information by converting to UTF-8 - UTF-8 is a
superset of all other encodings.

see also 73d3ad1375c2bfc60bda66bbf4bffd14c9842da2 (which was different
cause, though)

Any idea?

Go for it.

ciao