On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 05:57:26PM +0100, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
1) test core functionality with implementation details but that will rely
on implementation details and will bit rot if you don't execute them
2) test our stable API but then you should not try to avoid implementation
details which means you can't test most bugs

From what I see only point 2 makes sense for python tests especially if you
want to run them only before releases and don't make them fail the build.

Right, I want 2 as it still can help for a lot of issues. How should 1 even
work via PyUNO (which isnt exposing implementation details?).

The idea is essentially even if we 'only' cover the stable API, we can trigger
a _lot_ of code paths like that. And that can be helpful on its own.

Best,

Bjoern