Hi Björn, *,

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen@canonical.com> wrote:
[...]
I assume patches intended for the
"LibreOffice 4.2.2 final" release still should get pushed to
refs/for/libreoffice-4-2-1, right?

No. I will create the tag for 4.2.2 based on the libreoffice-4-2-2
branch. So you should target 4-2-2 branch for any incoming patches.

If that is the case, what is the libreoffice-4-2-2 branch for and shouldnt we kill
it for now to avoid confusion?

It is mainly to not break the tooling that creates diffs from the
tags/trees, commit-notifications, etc. and for those who try to hunt
down stuff in months from now that then puzzle where they'd find the
diff between 4.2.1 and 4.2.2

When I created the libreoffice-4-2-2 branch, I picked all commits that
were committed to the 4-2-1 branch at the time.

Any commits for 4.2.2 should be on the libreoffice-4-2-2 branch.

I see already commits on that branch that are
not on the libreoffice-4-2-1 branch there.

That is OK. 4-2-1 is "dead end".

Having some people commit on -4-2-1
and some on -4-2-2 is really the worst scenario.

Having a 4.2.2 release from a 4-2-1 branch is in the same order of magnitude....
So as written in the announce for the branch¹ "Please make sure to
push any pending fixes to the libreoffice-4-2-2 branch instead of
libreoffice-4-2-1."

That being said: If it is already committed to 4-2-1 branch, then it
doesn't need any additional review for the 4-2-2 branch. So if there
are patches in 4-2-1 that are not in 4-2-2, those can be cherry-picked
without additional review

@Cloph: Can you confirm the first and clarify on the second?

* release will be done from libreoffice-4-2-2 branch.
* everything that is in 4-2-1 branch must be cherry-picked to 4-2-2
branch to be included in the tag/release
* cherry-picking from 4-2-1 branch to 4-2-2 branch doesn't require review.

ciao
Christian

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/libreoffice@lists.freedesktop.org/msg88403.html