Hi *,

Am 05.02.2014 08:45 schrieb "Anubhav Yadav" <anubhav1691@gmail.com>:

So, today I did git pull, and got all the latest changes in the source. I
ran
./install.sh

I assume you mean autogen.sh

and then I ran
make

But then, many files were again getting downloaded in this build?

You can specify a directory where the build should download the files to.
It defaults to a subdirectory of the checkout.
You can use --with-external-tar to change this.

In either case the build should not redownload files that are on disk.

Isn't make is only responsible for recompiling only those parts which
were changed?

Recompiling is different from redownloading.

If yo u do make clean, it needs to recompile, but doesn't need to refetch.

So why the download? I am a little tight on bandwidth?

Either the version of the externals was updated since your last build or
the files were no longer in the download folder.

Ciao
Christian