On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 22:51 +0100, Siqi Liu wrote:

For example, I can dlsym this function and get the void * to it, but
how can I use it if I don't have access to the struct AvahiClient
(declaired in the shared object)?
AvahiClient* avahi_client_new
(
const AvahiPoll *
poll_api,

AvahiClientFlags
flags,

AvahiClientCallback
callback,

void *
userdata,

int *
error

Well, it depends on usage if you can get away with including the
headers. e.g. if you just need to manipulate the returned thing through
a pointer to it and dlsymed functions then you can just shove e.g.
typedef struct _AvahiClient AvahiClient;
into your .cxx and that'll work.

e.g. see vcl/unx/gtk/window/xid_fullscreen_on_all_monitors.c for an
example

Is the code using avahi_client_new that you want to make runtime
optional already in LibreOffice or is it new code you want to add ?

C.