Hi Adam,

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 06:06:06PM +0200, Adam Fyne <adam.fyne@cloudon.com> wrote:
I think I was misunderstood.
I think you thought I was asking : "I need to add each property like
bold\italic\underline separatly to the RedlineParams".
What I actually meant to ask was:
Currently there are a lot of XML nodes that might appear under 'rPr' node
(that is under the 'rPrChange').
For example: 'bold', 'boldbidi', 'italic', 'italicbidi', language, etc.
Currently each of these XML nodes is handled by different code in the
'DomainMapper.cxx' file
(here is some of it:
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/writerfilter/source/dmapper/DomainMapper.cxx#2100
)

So I am asking - do I have to go node-by-node and add it to the
'property-list' that will be in the 'RedlineParams'?
Or is there any smart way of turning on some flag when the 'rPrChange->rPr'
tag is entered,
and checking at the end of the 'rPrChange->rPr' tag which properties were
inserted to the 'rContext' and add those properties to the 'RedlineParams'.

Yes, that should be possible. Either when you expand the token of
"rPrChange", then you can do something like:

- turn flag on
- resolve children
- turn flag off

(DomainMapper.cxx:3039 has examples of that, the interop-grab-bag
reading of table styles use this technique)

or in case that doesn't work, you can still generate tokens when you
start or leave a context. If you search for tblStart/tblEnd in
model.xml, you'll find examples for this as well.

*And some more elaboration on that:*
I just checked a simple DOCX that had some text in 'bold' and 'italic'. I
then turned ON the 'track changes' and removed the 'bold' and 'italic'.
When I round-tripped the DOCX through LO - the outputted file *had* the
'bold' and 'italic' turned on.
This means that the nodes that were inside the 'r->rPrChange->rPr' were
treated as if they were simply inside the 'r'->'rPr' (which is wrong).

Right, that's quite possible.

This ephasises the need to detect when 'r->rPrChange->rPr' are being
analyzed in the importer - and to *not* analyze them normally on the run
itself, but to store them in the 'RedlineParams' somehow.

Agreed, that makes sense.

Miklos