Am 15.11.2013 20:37, schrieb Michael Stahl:
On 15/11/13 19:56, bjoern wrote:
Hi Andreas,

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 07:19:02PM +0100, Andreas Mantke wrote:
The environment should contain a Linux environment with the necessary
tools installed, everything created from an vagrant script.

I ask here before I start to work on the vagrant script if I should
invest my time for that.
What do you think?
Such a "get started right away" environment would be quite valueable IMHO. If
we have a full Linux environment in it, it might make sense to have a
moderately recent checkout of master fully build in it, as it likely is not
that much extra space and really lets a developer start right away.
given that a full debug build (which is what would make sense for a
newbie) is 30 GB, let me take this opportunity to question Bjoern's
sanity and/or request a don't-drink-and-post policy.
but the vagrant script and the VirtualBox-image need not to contain a
git checkout and a full debug build. The image should contain only a
clean environment with the necessary development tools.

I think the download of git checkout and creating a first LibreOffice
buildout (full debug) should be done live later.

also, a build will get outdated pretty soon anyway... what would be the
benefit of a 2 month old build today with 4000 extra commits on master?

If that would be part of the VirtualBox-image that would be true. But
that is not my intention.

Cheers,
Andreas

--