I am not sure if this is the right list to post this question if not please accept my apologies and
let me know which is the appropriate list. I’ve also tried to find similar posts along this line
but I didn’t find one. Anyhow, I recently checked out the current version of LO (git clone
git://gerrit.libreoffice.org/core) and tried to run the build configuration (autogen.sh) and
ultimately got the following error:

checking for JUnit 4... no
configure: error: cannot find JUnit 4 jar; please install one in the default
location (/usr/share/java), specify its pathname via
--with-junit=..., or disable it via --without-junit
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 209.

When I specify the junit path:

./autogen.sh --with-junit=/opt/local/share/java/

I get the same error. I’ve tried several versions of junit with different versions of hamcrest but
can’t seem to get a successful configuration without excluding junit. I am wondering if anyone
could give me a hint as to the issue.

Some additional information:

OS X v10.9
junit-4.11, hamcrest-core-1.3

$ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.14

$ gcc -v

Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.79) (based on LLVM 3.3svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0
Thread model: posix