On 14/11/13 12:00, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 11/14/2013 11:25 AM, Michael Stahl wrote:
... because it not only disables warnings, it also prevents generating
Makefile dependencies for the file, and that is what caused everybody's
build to break after yesterday's ICU upgrade.

Is that only relevant in "our own" files, or also in header files from
bundled external modules (where I rather liked the occasional trick of
silencing warnings wholesale with a single "#pragma GCC system_header"
patch)?

yes it also prevents dependencies being generated for externals, which
may also prevent necessary rebuilds; i am currently cleaning that up
(there's a whole bunch in our boost patches....)