On 10/31/2013 01:25 PM, Eric Bautsch wrote:
I'm trying to compile LibreOffice 4.1.2.3 on Solaris 12 (build 26,
currently).

    Note: don't get excited, I'm doing this in my spare time and Oracle
    are in no way endorsing, supporting, or anything else'ing my efforts.

I've been using this thread for assistance and it's been a great help:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.devel/51422

Note that traditionally OOo had been building/working very well on Solaris, but these days there's only very little and seemingly occasional initiative to keep that up. Therefore, Solaris-specific code in LO likely keeps rotting over time.

At runtime, the idlc executable needs the libuno_sal.so.3 dynamic library to resolve the rtl_string_new symbol (and others). Therefore, idlc contains an RPATH (see "readelf -d solver/unxsogi.pro/bin/idlc") so that it finds it *in an installation* ("$ORIGIN/../../ure-link/lib", where in an installation idlc is in sdk/bin/ and libuno_sal.so.3 is in ure-link/lib/).

However, idlc is also called during the build, where idlc is in solver/unxsogi.pro/bin/ and libuno_sal.so.3 is in solver/unxsogi.pro/lib/. To make that work, idlc is called with an LD_LIBRARY_PATH that contains solver/unxsogi.pro/lib during the build. This is taken care of towards the end of solenv/gbuild/platform/com_GCC_defs.mk (gb_Helper_set_ld_path) and should work for Solaris.

To see what's going wrong, run "make VERBOSE=t" to see the command line of how exactly idlc is called to "[build IDL] udkapi/com/sun/star/idl".

Stephan

I'm currently struggling with getting a working idlc compiled. Here's
what happens:

    [build IDL] udkapi/com/sun/star/idl
    ld.so.1: idlc: fatal: relocation error: file
    /export/home/bautsche/libre-office/libreoffice-4.1.2.3/solver/unxsogi.pro/bin/idlc:
    symbol rtl_string_new: referenced symbol not found
    /bin/sh: line 1: 8411: Killed
    make[1]: ***

[/export/home/bautsche/libre-office/libreoffice-4.1.2.3/workdir/unxsogi.pro/UnoApiPartTarget/udkapi/com/sun/star/idl.done]
    Killed
    gmake: *** [build] Error 2
    bautsche@cressida $