Ok. Thank you for explanation. :-)
On Oct 22, 2013 5:41 AM, "Markus Mohrhard" <markus.mohrhard@googlemail.com>
wrote:

Hey,

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 06:20:01PM -0200, José Guilherme Vanz <
vanz@libreoffice.org> wrote:
has libo its own cppunit? I was thinking that it uses the old project of
cppunit in the sourceforge.com

Markus knows the details, but in short the new upstream is on
freedesktop.org. So no, this is not "our" cppunit, even Debian plans to
package from this tree, etc.

OTOH yes, we can build our own cppunit during the build of LO, which is
useful if the system cppunit is not built using debug STL, and LO is,
for example.

So more or less we are upstream now. Debian, Gentoo, Ubuntu (as Debian's
downstream), Arch Linux, some BSD versions, ... already switched. We
already maintained a number of patches that were not included into the
upstream builds and fixed another set of problems since then.

I explored different testing frameworks when we faced the decision whether
to "fork" cppunit or switch to a different testing framework and decided
that it is better to stay with cppunit. It is mature and well tested and
except for a few nice to have features more or less what we need.
Additionally switching testing frameworks requires to rewrite quite a large
piece of our code base that is better spend improving the existing tests.

Regards,
Markus