On 09/23/2013 03:32 PM, Michael Stahl wrote:
On 23/09/13 15:22, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
The ideal with the recent move to instdir would of course be to run
CppunitTests against instdir (as the---premature?---move of
cppunittester to instdir manifests).

the only reason why that (and a bunch of test libraries) is in instdir
is the LibreOffice_Test installation set actually packages it.  i don't
know if anybody needs that.

I'd thought we'd come to the conclusion on IRC to remove LibreOffice_Test:

Sep 19 11:34:23 <pmladek> mst__, sberg: I have created the LibreOffice_Test package for one QA guy.
He does not longer work on LO. I am not sure if anyone else started to use it. So, I think that it can be
killed.

Yet another caveat is that those CppunitTests can run against varyingly
"filled" instdirs, and thus behave subtly differently should they ever
start to pick up the various bootstrap variables defined across instdir
(which reference stuff in instdir that might or might not yet be there).

how is that different from running against a partially filled solver?

The "start to pick up the various bootstrap variables defined [in ini-files] across instdir" is the part that makes it different (as most of those ini filese were either not present at all in solver, or present in a form specifically suited for built-time use).

Stephan