Thank you very much for your feedback. I modified the specifications
accordingly.

Best,
Joeran

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <
andrew@pitonyak.org> wrote:

On 08/14/2013 11:05 AM, Joeran Beel wrote:

Hello,

 we are planning to develop an open-source add-on for LibreOffice to
manage citations based on BibTeX and the citation style language
http://citationstyles.org/. If someone of you is interested in helping us
with the development (for money, if wanted), please send us an email. We
would also highly appreciate if you could help us promoting our search for
capable developers. For more information read here
http://www.docear.org/2013/08/14/who-wants-to-develop-docear4libreoffice-or-docear4openoffice/

 Best,
Joeran

 --
Joeran Beel
Founder & Researcher

 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Docear/137985949605902
Google+: https://plus.google.com/106965732112113749959/posts
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Docear_org

I am not volunteering to do this, or claiming to have time to do this,
but, I do have a few comments on some things you might want to clarify or
consider:

1. This is to work on all platforms, but, in point 3, it states "with the
Docear dfeault BibTex file being read from the registry and the user having
the option to specify his BibTeX file." I assume that the registry is not
available on all platforms, for example, Linux. It is possible, however, to
store your preferences and/or default values as part of the LO/OO
configuration if you desire. Just something to consider.

2. You do not indicate how the original dialogs were implemented. Many
scripting languages are supported by OO, so, depending on the current
implementation language, the existing code may be useful. Off hand, this
does not look too horrid, so it might even be implementable in Basic. That
said, it is not clear to me if this is a non-modal dialog open while the
Write screen is also open, and I don't remember off hand how easy this is
to accomplish - I think you can, but have never done it.

3. Point 5a states that it must be possible to insert references into
textfields, footnotes, and the main text body. I am not certain that I
understand this statement, but it does raise some concerns. My first
concern is that I don't think that you can have formatted text in a text
field, but I am not entirely clear as to what is intended here.

4. You discuss a windows installer, but, I would assume that you would
want to simply use the existing method to install an extension, or, is it
assumed that this is really a stand-alone program that just happens to be
able to access and manipulate LO / OO documents? This is also possible (if
you were wondering).

I need to run (wife is calling me to dinner), so I will finish with one
quick comment

5. I think I saw that it stated that one extension should work for both LO
and AOO. This is probably possible providing there are no toolbars added
into OO. I do believe that an OO extension for AOO now contains a new
element (or something) when using a toolbar.

Best of luck, there is a need for this project... or at least i assume so
since I remember some people mentioning something about it in the past.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php