Still, this is relevant mainly to zoom (the 2 nd part of my question)
What about the scroll? What determines its granularity, and what would be
the best way to increase its precision, from the current approx 4 -
8 pixels click, to a 1  pixel click?
To clarify, currently, the scroller gets scroll commands on the pixel
level, but it won't cause VCL to redraw, until approx 4 - 8 screen pixels
have been crossed. What could be causing this scaling in rendering
coordinates?

Thanks again
Ptyl