On 08/05/2013 02:21 PM, Robert Drexler wrote:
We are LHM, an authority office based in Munich, and completed the
rollout of LibreOffice 3.4.4 to 33.000 Windows XP clients this year.

Summarizing the state of information as we could collect up to now….

- LO was deployed with (self embedded) JRE 1.6.0.13
- as LO wasn’t compatible with the versions of JRE we had on the clients
- so, “our” JRE was placed under the program path of LO, not under
system java
- this information is the major part of the config file
javasettings_windows_x86.xml in the user profile, as you know
- due to some still unknown impact of the user profile this config file
gets deleted and all the “where does LO get its java from” info gets
permanently lost

Was the original version of javasettings_windows_x86.xml generated by choosing the "JRE [...] placed under the program path of LO" at "Tools - Options... - ...", or did you "fix" the path to that JRE manually in the xml file? Normally, if the information in the xml file points to a working JRE, LO should not change it afterwards.

Stephan