Hi everyone,

Plenty of mountains conquered this week, also some useful work done:

-Added parsing of the connection url to be able to connect to a
local .fdb file (I still need to deal with the gui to connect to a local
db and test it, i.e. not usable yet).
-Removal of the temporary .fdb when closing (for embedded .fdb).
-Basic implementation of XBlob -- see other list discussions for more
detail (the current implementation will probably be mostly binned).
-Moved some generic SQL type parsing/conversion code into namespace
functions (we need to convert between the SDBC sql types, firebird's sql
types, and also firebird's internal sql types in various parts of the
driver).
-Implement getColumns().
-Cleaned up some header defines seemingly left over from the skeleton
driver.
-Refactored Statement/PreparedStatement: each class now has it's own
file, and the common base class has been cleaned of things that weren't
actually common to both types of statement.
-Changed from sql dialect 1 to sql dialect 3 (firebird has 2 sql
dialects, 3 corresponds most closely to other dbs and has all the usual
modern features, 1 appears to be a legacy dialect). This removes the
need for the incorrect string sanitisation etc.
-Upgraded some more code to use the correct exceptions for unsupported
functionality and/or db errors. (I still need to add appropriate
resource strings to be shown on some specific errors as is done in other
drivers)

I also upgraded the licencing (previously BSD) to be ALv2 + MPL -- this
is on gerrit -- if someone with more detailed knowledge on licencing
could have a look that would be great (full details are in the commit
message).
( https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/5128/ )

I'm currently debugging why the driver won't show the name of the first
column when viewing a table, after fixing that I'll probably start
adding some of the SDBCX functionality and continue with implementing
the various functions within DatabaseMetaData.

Cheers,
        Andrzej