On 12/05/13 11:42, Tomaž Vajngerl wrote:
Hi,

Probably one of my changes is the cause for this.

One of the problems is that CVE-2004-0200-3.jpg is a semi corrupt file.
Usually it can be read fine but doing any transform operations fails.
For example jpegtrans fails for this file, GIMP does not open it,
ImageMagick's convert does not work.
From the memcheck I can see that libjpeg6 was used - maybe this is what
triggers the problem as libjpeg8 is usually used today.

jpeg 6 is alive and well on Fedora - Fedora ships jpeg 6 and the
maintainer has publicly stated that packaging jpeg 8 will not happen:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/173253
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/173299

... and it doesn't crash here apparently.