On 05/09/2013 08:06 PM, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
Le 08/05/2013 11:22, Stephan Bergmann a écrit :
On 05/06/2013 07:25 AM, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
What is weird, is that my default Java is Java 6 and LO is configured to
use Java 6. I have both OpenJDK 6 and OpenJDK 7 on my PC.

"LO is configured to use Java 6":  for building (i.e., as a switch in
your autogen.input) or at runtime (i.e., at "Tools - Options... -
LibreOffice - Advanced - Java options")?  The latter is preset via some
code that tries to find the "best" JRE on your machine, so could easily
pick a JRE 7 if you have installed both 6 and 7, even if you configured
your LO build to compile against a JDK 6.

At runtime.
My default Java is OpenJDK 6 (I should probably change that for OpenJDK
7, but LO is currently building ...)

One reason why running "soffice" could result in instantiation of a JVM 7 even if you have a JRE 6 selected at "Tools - Options... - LibreOffice - Advanced - Java options" could be as follows: oosplash (called from soffice) calls javaldx to obtain some JRE-specific values to add to LD_LIBRARY_PATH before exec'ing soffice.bin, and if for some reason there's something broken between how javaldx and "Tools - Options... - LibreOffice - Advanced - Java options" determine which JRE you have selected, it will do a search of a suitable JRE, which can result in invocation of various "java" instances.

It seems that official builds (LO 4.0.3.3) does not start a JVM at
launch time.

Can depend on what (bundled) extensions are included, for example.

I have default bundled extensions, containing non-linear solver for Calc
which AFAIK is written in Java. I will check again.

Another possibility couldn't be that the official build starts the JVM
with a lower Xmx parameter than my own build so that the JVM does not
crash with ulimit -v set to 2 GB?

Nah, we don't explicitly set any Xmx parameters, neither in official nor un-official builds.

Stephan