I am attempting to build the OS X version (10.6.8) of the git master
branch, following the instructions on the wiki.
I am using the xcode (version 4.02) sdk and am not using fink or macports
to install custom devl tools (although did use brew to set up a new perl, I
have removed all non-standard paths from my $PATH).
gcc --version is i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc.
build 5666) (dot 3).

The build stops with the following error:

[build CXX] sw/source/ui/vba/vbacells.cxx
ld: bad codegen, pointer diff in
WPXSvInputStreamImpl::WPXSvInputStreamImpl(com::sun::star::uno::Reference<com::sun::star::io::XInputStream>)to
global weak symbol vtable for WPXInputStreamfor architecture i386
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/Users/brianparker/lo/core/workdir/
unxmacxi.pro/LinkTarget/Library/libwpftdrawlo.dylib] Error 1

A check on stackoverflow suggests that this is due to hidden symbols not
being consistent across libraries.

Has anyone else seen this issue, or have some suggestions?

Thanks.