Hi Winfried,

On Thursday, 2013-05-02 12:24:42 +0200, Winfried Donkers wrote:

Only if the .xlsx was saved with Calc 4.0, then the file contains
com.sun.star.sheet.addin.DateFunctions.getDiffMonths, an original file
containing MONTHS() also does not work though, the MONTHS is not
recognized hence displayed as lowercase months. Seems to be a specific
problem with Add-In functions.

There are more problems with the add-in functions, see attachments with bug 59727.

I assumed so..

But, since this does not seem to happen for all Add-In functions I suspect
something else to be the culprit, maybe in the mappings/flags of the Excel
import/export function name maps.

Given the large number of misbehaviour with add-in functions, I seek some more advice before I
start digging in the code.
I have summarised the misbehaviours I noticed in comment 8 of the bug

If you get stuck with it I'd take over.

I'm not stuck (yet), but don't know where to begin...

There are several places where things could go wrong..

* sc/source/core/tool/odffmap.cxx
  the entries should be correct, but the content is used in ScCompiler
  to populate the OpCodeMap lists in sc/source/core/tool/compiler.cxx
  ScCompiler::fillFromAddInCollection...()

* the FormulaGrammar::Grammar set at ScCompiler might be wrong, which is
  used to determine the map to be used

* a mapping in sc/source/filter/oox/formulabase.cxx might be wrong

* the corresponding name is not found in the AddInCollection (unlikely)

I'd start by setting a breakpoint in
formula/source/core/api/FormulaCompiler.cxx
FormulaCompiler::CreateStringFromToken() for case svExternal and step
through to see what is actually executed and which map is used and
where/how it was initialized.

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
For key transition see http://erack.de/key-transition-2013-01-10.txt.asc
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack