Hi Peter, *,

I tried to use the ccache 3.x basd patched version from
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/tree/ccache-msvc
recently, but the build fails, since ccache won't find the compiler
when it is given as a windows-style path (as it is forced in
openssl/nmake-using stuff).

The patched ccache 2.4 (the previous version, and the one linked from
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies
) doesn't have this problem, so I thought I'd patch ccache to behave
like ccache2.4 when trying to find the real compiler.

But the patches that are claimed to be against ccache 3.1.8 won't apply.
$ git am ../ccache-msvc/patches/*
Applying: make MSVC work
fatal: corrupt patch at line 26
Patch failed at 0001 make MSVC work

trying to manually apply it to get more details:

$ patch -p1 < ../ccache-msvc/patches/0001-make-MSVC-work.patch
patching file ccache.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 87 (offset -2 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 522 (offset -52 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 532 with fuzz 2 (offset -62 lines).
Hunk #4 FAILED at 614.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 563 (offset -61 lines).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 1248 with fuzz 2 (offset -137 lines).
Hunk #7 succeeded at 1261 with fuzz 2 (offset -137 lines).
Hunk #8 succeeded at 1431 (offset -160 lines).
Hunk #9 succeeded at 1460 (offset -160 lines).
1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file ccache.c.rej
patching file ccache.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 52 (offset -1 lines).

With that fuzzyness/huge offsets and a failed chunk, I wonder what
version the patches really are based on.

ciao
Christian