On 25/04/13 13:39, Lubos Lunak wrote:

 Hello,

 Clang tindebox currently fails because of a race and mixup of system and
internal cairo/pixman libraries. Specifically, Executable_pluginapp.bin.mk
links also against gtk, which links against cairo, which links against
pixman. And there is a race that results in solver containing pixman but not
cairo by the time Executable_pluginapp.bin.mk is being linked. The linker
command has -L for the solver lib directory, so it picks up system cairo and
internal pixman, and these are apparently incompatible.

ouch...

 Changing StaticLibrary_plugcon.mk to "$(eval $(call
gb_StaticLibrary_use_externals,plugcon,gtk cairo))" helps with the problem,
but I assume this cannot be just hardcoded and I don't know how to do it
properly? Gbuild experts?

hmm... that would be an acceptable workaround (it should delay the
plugcon build until cairo is fully built), clearly it needs a comment to
explain it otherwise somebody will think cairo isn't used here and
remove it again :)

another alternative would be to not deliver the cairo libraries to the
solver and link against the libs in UnpackedTarball which won't be on
plugcon linker path... but that would only actually work for static
libraries, dynamic ones need to be copied somewhere obviously... so this
won't solve this particular problem.