On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 02:43:20PM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 04/21/2013 01:04 PM, David Ostrovsky wrote:
So back to your use case: the content of your feature branch can be put
on Gerrit for *only* verification (not wasting days or weeks but only 2
hours) with *one* command:
git push logerrit <your_branch>:refs/for/master

But that does not trigger the actual verification builds, does it?
My understanding is that one needs to ping a set of a few people who
can actually trigger such builds.  My gut feeling is that as long as
there is no quick and direct way for a developer (with direct commit
rights, say) to trigger those builds, that feature will be used
significantly less often than it could be.

Which is why I proposed just that yesterday:

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/PROPOSAL-enable-gerrit-buildbot-trigger-for-all-in-group-commiter-td4051422.html

with so far no arguments against it. Lets make the decision on the ESC call.

Best,

Bjoern