On 2013-04-23 14:25, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:46:26PM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
- I will rebase the script against master on 2013-04-23 1200 UTC and again
   execute and trigger the build on gerrit
The 1200UTC last sanity is running: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/3465/

Please, please, can we not push massive changes in one chunk.

Every time one of these whales come through I spend a whole day rebasing my patch queue.

And for some reason, doing a lot of conflict resolving after a "./g pull -r" will often end up with git deciding that I am "not currently on any branch"

I understand the reason for doing it this way, but for those of us hacking on master, it is a major PITA.

As a counter-example, David Tardon does a great job of doing his cleanups in smaller steps, which are much easier to absorb.