Hi Christina,

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:10:43PM +0200, Christina Roßmanith wrote:
Hi,

I've completed my first bibisect successfully. Now I have a range of
commits to have a closer look at. I thought to create a branch
reflecting the last good point and cherry-pick commits to see when
the bug occurs again.

You could also use traditional `git bisect`:

 http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Tools-Debugging-with-Git

and tell it the good and bad commits. It will then set you in the middle and
bisect just like bibisect does -- except that you really need to do a build.

But that branch does not build, it fails
somewhere in libxmlsec so I decided to take the first bad point.
This one builds but during make dev-install it fails with

: *****************************************************************
: ERROR: ERROR: Missing files at
/home/cr/Software/LibO2/core/solenv/bin/modules/installer/scriptitems.pm
line 1311
: *****************************************************************

Now I'm lost. What are the autogen.sh options used to create the
bibisect builds?

It should be something like:

'--disable-dependency-tracking' '--disable-mozilla' '--disable-binfilter'
'--disable-linkoo' '--without-junit' '--without-help' '--without-myspell-dicts'
'--without-doxygen' '--disable-gnome-vfs'
'--with-external-tar=/run/bibisect/tarfiles'

you should find a autogen.log file in the root of the bibisect repo showing how
that build was configured.

I've assumed that all states stored in bibisect are
buildable ...

Kinda. Here is the build script:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=dev-tools.git;a=blob;f=bibisect/build.sh;h=42427226aaa73b4764d0181f5c40aa4105809b67;hb=5306df2204cad2387fb43deef5fcaa145a7086bf

as you can see, it:
- tries multiple make runs
- takes anything that at least has an opt/-dir being generated as a success
- hotfixes some ugly buildbreakers by backporting in the range:
  3c5353256bb94ba99fea94939cf06ba723737c10 and 6a0972ced879259e7f960e7bb852b0e175a05b7a
  because otherwise we would have a huge blind spot over all that range

The last one is particulary unfortunate and a symptom of master being broken
too often/too long in those days, hopefully things are better now (at least
with gerrit there is little excuse for it to be otherwise). As with autogen.log
you should find a patch.log in the bibisect root, if that build was hotpatched.

Best,

Bjoern