On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos@suse.cz> wrote:
Hi Lionel,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 08:15:07AM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel@mamane.lu> wrote:
Great, how do you make it do that? That is _so_ not my experience,
when cherry-picking commits touching reportbuilder/java/{com,org}
to/from libreoffice-4-0 from/to master.

I tried that on a sample repo, so thanks for bringing this up. It seems
the git rename detection is O(N^2), so the default number of renamed
files is limited to avoid long merges.

I needed

git config diff.renameLimit 3000 (the default is 1000)

humm... with moving of 1000's of headers... I wonder what the limit
will then be needed ?
also, that must impact gerrit too. iow I would need to increase that
parameter on the gerrit side
so that cherry-picking works ? or do we want to consider that for
these few transient patch that will need cherry picking accross the
move, people should manually rebase theses patch are re-push them to
gerrit ?

Norbert