I want to participate GSOC 2013. I am trying to contributing LO for a
while. I was going to try "using svg for icons" for GSOC but the idea is
deleted from the Ideas page. And that would be a little bit hard for me. So
I find another and much more suitable idea for me, which is Dialog widget
conversion.

First of all. Let me introduce myself. :)

*TLDR;*"My skill set:Python, C , C++,Java,C#. I can read others code. I
have a little knowledge about GUI's.".
I am a 2. grade computer engineering student at Ege University. I try to
contribute Free Software projects as possible.I already sent 2 patches to
LibreOffice(I can use Git and Gerrit. Yaay! :)). I did small
projects(Homeworks :) ) in C, C++,Java, C# and Python. I feel comfortable
with Python. Because one of this projects is about graphs and I wrote that
in Python+GTK. That was a milestone for me. It was my first program with a
gui and I learned a lot from it. The code may be a little bit messy (and
includes a lot of Strings and comments in Turkish) but you can see the code
from here if you want : https://github.com/namcojoulder/DSgraph
I don't have a problem in reading and understanding others code.I think I
can learn easily a programming language if it is needed because I am taking
a course about programming languages(Design and concepts, mostly
theoretical).

**
I find interesting two ideas.
-Dialog Widget Conversion
-Implement a "about:config" functionality

I don't know what to do about second idea but I tried to draw a very basic
road map about the first Idea.

I think i can automate some part of this conversion. I don't have too much
programming experience but I think I have enough knowledge for this idea.

My first idea for implementing this work is :
- Investigation about .src files and .ui files(and a little debugging).
Caolan McNamara has a great blog post about this conversation
already,(Before coding starts)
- I will have a homework about writing a parser in a few weeks so I will
have some information about how parsing works. I think this homework and
reading will make my work easier.(Because I think this idea is mostly on
parsing .src files and creating .ui files with these data.),
- When I had enough Information about parsing and widget files I can do
some work with Python for automating this process.

I would like to discuss the possibility of implementing this idea and
drawing a more certain road map. Please don't hesitate to comment. :)

And lastly this e-mail probably have a lot of grammar mistakes. Sorry about
that :)

Best Regards,

My Nickname on freenode: efegurkan
--