On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 11:38:40AM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 04/02/2013 12:54 PM, Fridrich Strba (via Code Review) wrote:

Thank you for your patch!  It has been merged to LibreOffice.

If you are interested in details, please visit

     https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/3031

Lionel, can you have a look whether the new-style service
com.sun.star.sdb.QueryDefinition and accompanying interface
com.sun.star.sdb.XQueryDefinition make sense?

This patch seems to introduce a new published interface, which did not
exist (not even unpublished) before. I don't understand why.

As to the Java snippet, I'm not sure

Seeing that the only use of that service
(dbaccess/source/core/api/querycontainer.cxx uses XPropertySet
generically (and does not explicitly access any of the listed
properties), but also expects XContent and assumes(?) XComponent,
it might make more sense to drop the attributes from
XQueryDefinition and instead let it inherit from those additional
interfaces.

I don't understand the consequences of "drop the attributes from
XQueryDefinition and instead let it inherit from those additional
interfaces".

I notice that the created service is added to some internal structure:
    // first clone this object's CommandDefinition part
    Reference< XPropertySet > xCommandDefinitionPart(
    m_aContext.createComponent(
    (::rtl::OUString)SERVICE_SDB_QUERYDEFINITION ), UNO_QUERY_THROW );

   (...)

   m_xCommandDefinitions->insertByName(sNewObjectName, makeAny(xCommandDefinitionPart));

*and* other stuff accesses the listed properties, and I assume that's
somehow the created service see e.g.
 git grep PROPERTY_UPDATE_TABLENAME
But I don't understand what consequences this has for the service
definition.

 I'm also not sure what to make of

Object oQuery = xSSFQueryDefs.createInstance(); //"com.sun.star.sdb.QueryDefinition"

in wizards/com/sun/star/wizards/db/DBMetaData.java.  You could push this patch for review on
gerrit and ping Lionel.

I don't quite understand that Java code either. To my eyes, it seems
to access the "Command" property explicitly?

--
Lionel