From: Joel Madero <jmadero.dev@gmail.com>
2) An "official" badge that will be prominently displayed on templates that
are:
    a) bundled with LibreOffice
    b) Meet some other criteria that is to be determined by QA

*the idea is that these badges would say 'guaranteed to be maintained,
tested & supported against future releases' or some such thing.

Yes. I'm thinking 3 levels here:

1) Guaranteed testing/maintenance/support (our internal QA Team/Devs
will support this code)

2) Some/Extension developer support

3) No support  ("tossed over the wall" -- do what you like with it,
*maybe* ask a question on the Ask site, but don't file bugs)

1. Close as NOTOURBUG + comment to contact extensions author
    -Remember some extensions are bundled with LibreOffice
    -Here adding ability to have “comments” on extensions would be
great so that users could directly get in touch with extension
developers
    -If comment not available, having an easy “contact author” button
would be good

IMO best option, with a caveat that bundled/official bugs get left open as
NEW and developer of extension can mark as FIXED when they fix it. If it's
not fixed with X time we ping developer directly, they don't respond, they
lose official badge (I think X time needs to be quite large)

I think we should make a distinction between Official and
Extension-developer-supported bugs. In some cases, an extension
developer (perhaps backed by a company) might be able to offer BETTER
support than even us, but in many cases a single dev won't have the
resources that we do.

* Having an “official badge” was discussed, would be a really useful
addition to extension site

+1, I think we all agree on this so I added it on top to see if we could get
that. We should ping Marketing for a design.

* If author has abandoned their extension, we can either delete the
extension if it's broken or make bug report an enhancement if another
developer wishes to fix it

Deletion IMO is no good, leaving it up but doing "something" to say
"currently broken, looking for developer to fix it" would be best.

So in my 3-category system, an extension in this situation would fall
back into the "No support" category and would display the
corresponding badge/icon.

2) We need to communicate our strategy clearly and effectively to
other teams in the LibreOffice project (e.g. the volunteers on the Ask
site), so that we all provide a complete and consistent message to end
users.

This one is more complicated but should be an ideal case. With our project
spread out so much, without any hierarchy per say, quite difficult to
"communicate to everyone"

Yeah, I can't call a 'Team meeting' for the Ask site right now (Note
to self: make this happen :-), but it would be nice for me to be able
to put a note on the Ask site FAQ that says "Explain to users that
different extensions/templates have different levels of support. When
in doubt, ask the QA Team for clarification."

A) We provide a strict structure for the Extensions/Templates sites
that integrates extension developers into our process.

This may discourage developers from doing extensions - the low barrier to
entry is a positive IMO and should remain as such. This being said we should
encourage developers to "apply for official status" which WOULD have strict
structure/requirements on their part.

Andreas -- What are the current requirements for add-on developers? Do
we require an email address? Statement of licensing regarding the code
we host for them?

Thanks,
--R