On 03/28/2013 10:22 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 01:28:18PM +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
Just noticed that when I add a reviewer to somebody else's change,
gerrit sends a mail taking on my identity ("Stephan Bergmann (via
Code Review) <gerrit@gerrit.libreoffice.org>") claiming "I have
submitted a patch for review."  But I did not submit anything for
review, I merely invited somebody else to also review something.  I
find that confusing at least.

If you find a better wording, submit a patch for:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=gerrit-etc.git;a=blob;f=mail/NewChange.vm;h=34af52f6a6c9a90fe9e9bb758d9c9721eea9bba0;hb=a60a0f9771a6d31c3e6c0c1b3745613264678b3f

But is that text only used when one adds an additional reviewer to an existing change, or is it also used for the initial mail when a new change is uploaded?

If there is only one text used in both cases, the below change from "I'd like you to do a code review" to "I have submitted a patch for review" was apparently unsound.

Stephan

Note:
gerrits original text is different:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=gerrit-etc.git;a=blob;f=mail/NewChange.vm.example;h=8e08dc4e0e788395ba28edfbfe4110dd2b1ed16f;hb=a60a0f9771a6d31c3e6c0c1b3745613264678b3f