On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 6:27 AM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@suse.com> wrote:

        Norbert - how does that work ? if I push a branch with a dozen new
commits - do we get a single set of commits / branch to review in gerrit
or a dozen spams mails etc. ? :-)

 there is distinction between pushing for review and pushing directly.
if you push directly a feature branch (or anything else for that
matter) you typically do not get email from gerrit

For changes that are push for review you get 1 email by change and
that is not spam, it is what was asked: that patches land in the ML.
I do not know how to make gerrit smart enough to figure-out the
subjective limit of 'spam'-patches vs 'meat-patches'

I suspect that the case here is a special case: a big patch that was
broken down (which is a good idea(tm) imo)
that lead to a bunch of patch being push together... hence the
unsavory flooding the the ML.  Ideally these would not be stock-piled
and be pushed as they are created, which is what usually happen.

So, I don;t think there is a easy way to acheive what you seems to
want. otoh that should be a rare event, and the workload consisting of
accumulating many patches locally and pushing for review as a bunch
should be discouraged.

Norbert