Hi Riccardo,

On Tue, 2013-03-19 at 10:06 +0100, Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
soffice.bin is the one i see in netstat so it looked the right one to me,
but handling this from soffice would be lot more easier.

        Right - that is doing all the work. Of course after the 'soffice'
wrapper shell-script completes, it execve's 'oosplash' on linux - so
that binary should inherit that pid.

        I think we can speculate as to the benefits of launching
pagein/oosplash in the headless case; it would be reasonably reasonable
to tweak:

# run soffice.bin directly when you want to get the backtrace
if [ -n "$GDBTRACECHECK" ] ; then
    exec $GDBTRACECHECK "$sd_prog/soffice.bin" "$@"
fi

        To check for the headless parameter and avoid oosplash entirely in this
case I think; that would in turn ensure that the pid of the process you
forked would be the real pid of the beast doing all the hard work [ and
of course locking up from time to time - though we'd like to find/fix
those lockups too naturally ;-].

        Would that be a better solution ?

        ATB,

                Michael.