Hi there,

I'm referring this question to the developers' list after getting no useful response from the users' list. You can read the original discussion here: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/msg24955.html

The problem seems to be that in converting from text to glyphs (is that the right term?) the PDF converter assigns the wrong text to the glyphs. Thus 'This is the official version' becomes 'This his the offichial vershion.' It's pretty easy to see what's happened - instead of the 'Th' glyph being assigned the text 'Th' and the 'i' glyph the text 'i', the 'Th' is assigned 'T' and 'i' is assigned 'hi'. Thus each subsequent 'i' gets the extra 'h'. Similar things happen with other multi-letter glyphs.

I'm happy to take a look at the source for the problem but would really appreciated a helping hand with the architecture so I know what source to look in. I really don't know if this is an issue with libreoffice, with the graphite libraries or even the fonts, so I'm unsure just where to start.

Many thanks,
Jonathan