Hey Steven,

First, thank you so much for joining our great community, any help is
always appreciated.

IMO your best bet is to actually commit the changes via our repository with
these instructions:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development#Sending_patches_directly_to_gerrit.libreoffice.org

You'll get feedback if chances are needed at which point you can edit the
alterations and then resubmit.

As for the license agreement, having a separate email is probably
preferred:

Subject: License

Content:
"All my contributions, past and future, to LibreOffice are licensed
under the terms of the MPL / LGPLv3+. "

You'll be added to our list of developers who have agreed to provide their
license to these terms.

Best of luck and never hesitate to ask
Joel

P.S. Don't forget you can find us also on freenode channel -
#libreoffice-dev
--
*Joel Madero*
LibreOffice QA Volunteer