Hi Ruslan,

That did it. Thanks!

On 5 March 2013 09:08, Ruslan Kabatsayev <b7.10110111@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Philipp Weissenbacher
Hi all,

I have problems incorporating the changes suggested by Thomas Arnhold in
Change-Id: I98c1ffcb.

I tried the following (following the wiki and Winfried's question
regarding
this

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/how-to-submit-a-patch-set-2-or-greater-to-gerrit-td4027094.html
):

philipp@styx libo$ ./logerrit cherry-pick I98c1ffcb4
From ssh://logerrit/core
 * branch            refs/changes/39/2539/2 -> FETCH_HEAD
# On branch master
# Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 4 commits.
#   (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
#
# You are currently cherry-picking.
#   (all conflicts fixed: run "git commit")
#
# Changes not staged for commit:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working
directory)
#
# modified:   sc/source/core/data/dociter.cxx
#
no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")
The previous cherry-pick is now empty, possibly due to conflict
resolution.
If you wish to commit it anyway, use:

    git commit --allow-empty

Otherwise, please use 'git reset'
philipp@styx libo$ git commit -a --amend && ./logerrit submit
fatal: You are in the middle of a cherry-pick -- cannot amend.

I tried to git reset --hard and do the cherry-pick + editing + git commit
--amend again, but to no avail. I always end up with "fatal: You are in
the
middle of a cherry-pick -- cannot amend."

You can reset to remote state via "git reset --hard origin/HEAD" or
"git reset --hard origin/BranchName". Or, just as easy, look some
recent commit in your tree and reset ot it via "git reset --hard
$COMMIT_ID". This will take you out of being in the middle of the
cherry-pick.

Any help much appreciated.

I really should've used branches like in the wiki. :-/

Regards,
Philipp