Hi Samuel,

On Thu, 2013-03-07 at 07:25 +0100, Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote:
Is there a reason why Impress Remote requires Android 2.3 at least?

        Perhaps not ;-) but perhaps so - (ie. no idea). It'd be worth testing
the coverflow-ness with a 2.2 phone, and downgrading the ABI there and
building it to have a play.

I have an Android 2.2 Phone and I'm not the only one:
http://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

        Sure sure. We currently build and test against API 10.

What would be the effort to make it work with 2.2?

        It might 'just work' - IIRC there were issues with coverflow, but -
have a build / test and try it out.

        It's actually reasonably easy to build the sdremote; you don't need to
build all of LibreOffice. Proceed with the configure / deps as if you're
cross-compiling the whole suite to Android. Then don't run make - just
do:

        cd android/sdremote
        make

        And - you -should- get a small .apk that does it for you; and if not we
should fix that ;-)

        How does that sound ?

        Thanks !

                Michael.