On Sat, 2012-12-22 at 22:05 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
      Either way, our whole approach to loading and converting-to-native all
embedded OLE2 streams for charts etc. on load always seemed to me to be
extremely curious / slow ;-) but probably I mis-understood something
quite profoundly: I always wanted to have some time to dig through that
to see what could be safely deferred:

It was a super quick hack done in an afternoon IIRC. We should in theory
really be able to disable all that convert on load stuff completely and
render the preview as is normal, but on ole object activation if there's
no actual application registered to load them then have an attempt at
it and track down from where the error about not being able to handle it
comes from and see what happens if we hack in ourselves as a fallback
there and fix things up on that route.

C.