On Mon, 2013-01-21 at 17:55 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 11:17:20AM -0500, Terrence Enger wrote:

How would this compare in effort and benefit to the job of making
the mysql extension work with LibreOffice 4.0?

The MySQL extension just needs to be compiled/linked against
LibreOffice 4.0; then it should work. No development work needed. Only
building (for GNU/Linux and MacOS (if necessary): on an OS install as
old as what the extension wants to be compatible with).

So, here's how "it" compares in effort and benefit, "it" being "the
stuff described in the ESC minutes that you linked to".

 - MUCH more work

 - MUCH more benefit, since it would allow the MySQL SDBC connector to
   be bundled with LibreOffice. I will *gladly* review a patch that
   does that!

That sounds too ambitious for me to work on usefully.  I shall have to
look for smaller tasks.

BTW, I have not been simply ignoring you; for four weeks I had only
fleeting, intermittent connection to the internet.

Terry.