Hi Michael,

The links clear up some doubts in my mind.
I am still having trouble with having 2 buttons to act on the same service (this is a new problem
report).
I created 2 buttons which calls startThr() and stopThr() on my service.
The start works as expected. However, the stop call seems to create a new service and fails to stop
it.

I tried using a global service variable (button.macros attached), but it is giving me syntax error
on line 1 "expected Sub ".
I used the attached burger_samples.macros as sample for my macro but I might have made some obvious
mistakes as this is my 1st macro.
I have also found a book on macros by Andrew Pitonyak and going through it.
Are there are any other resources I could use?

thanks
Neeraj
please read this chapter:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/C%2B%2B/C%2B%2B_Language_Binding
and especially:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/C%2B%2B/Mapping_of_Interface_Types

it is generally unsound to retain a plain C++ pointer to an object after
the first uno::Reference for it has been constructed.  (you may retain a
rtl::Reference however, which is often convenient because it can contain
your implementation class directly and not just some UNO interface).