On Thu, 2013-01-31 at 09:38 -0200, Rodolfo wrote:
I'm drawing a comment control and I need to know two things:

1. The text width (to move text to right side in RTL systems)
2. The text line base (to align it to an horizontal arrow I draw)

By now, I only know how to draw a text with OutputDevice::DrawText(),
so I can't make my hack properly.

if you look at the vcl/inc/vcl/outdev.hxx header there a few things that
might be useful, e.g. GetTextHeight, GetTextWidth, GetTextArray
(depending on what you code looks like, might be worth sending a patch
with "//FIXME: what I want to happen here" in them. e.g. there are
various parts of vcl for Controls which auto-swap the device so that in
RTL mode the Control is swapped around automatically without explicit
RTL positioning.

C.