On 2013-01-09 22:52, Lubos Lunak wrote:
I knew there was one more thing I wanted to mention. The make we have in dev-tools actually doesn't build with WINDOWS32 #define (both as in that the #define doesn't get set by configure and that if it's explicitly set the code doesn't compile successfully). So there's apparenly some Win32-specific code there, but it doesn't get built. And sources for the cygwin make package have more Win32-specific code. I have no idea what difference that'd make, I think there's Win32-specific code instead of fork(), I don't know if there's any Win32-specific stat() replacement or whether that'd make a noticeable difference. So if somebody would feel like playing with it.

I think the WINDOWS32 #define is for building a "native" windows binary.
(There is also stuff in there for building under AmigaOS and DOS, the gnumake code is pretty grotty)

The cywin stuff is probably using a #ifdef CYGWIN.

You can't use the Win32 API as-is under cygwin, because you need to call cygpath() on the path argument first to convert from the cygwin filesystem structure to the Win32 representation.
i.e. from "/cygdrive/C/libo" to "C:\libo"