Hi all,

Le 08/01/2013 11:07, Jan Holesovsky a écrit :
Hi Cor,

Cor Nouws píše v Po 07. 01. 2013 v 22:56 +0100:

Idea looks great to me and is an invitement for futher enhancements in
the future :-)

I gues the code in a daily from 2012-12-28 (1) is not yet complet?
I see the option page, but choosing an own background image does not
work (file picker handling is broken) and a choosen persona is not shown...

That's too old, you need a build post 2012-01-04.  The 'own background'
is not working even there, and will be removed from 4.0 if the Persona
part is approved (otherwise both will go).

I tested on build 2013-01-08 on Ubuntu 12.04 and nothing works :-(

Btw, it's a nice feature !
As it's a user's choice, we have not to worry about readability of toobars.

May i make some suggestions on the pref panel ?
- why not keep the "own image" to select an image in local hd ?
- if i understand ok (images and personas are exclusive), we can have the choices :
     *Toolbar background*
       O Default
       O Image                  <Select Image...>
       O Firefox Persona        <Select Persona...>

        (I renamed "own image" to "Image")

- would it be possible to add a preview of image/persona ?
and a status text if there is an error (error loading image, error loading persona, timeout...).
From a user pov, it's an expected feed-back before validating.

- to be complete, LO should keep the path of image/url of persona, and show it below the preview ; and the url should be entered automatically in the persona dialog.

So my complete suggestion in ascii :

     *Toolbar background*
       O Default
       O Image                  <Select Image...>
       O Firefox Persona        <Select Persona...>

         [Status text, only if error]
       |         preview           |
       path/url : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,